top of page
- Students will be able to recognize and name all upper case letters of the alphabet.
- Students will be able to identify uppercase letters that are read to them.
- Students will be able to match uppercase letters with words that begin with those letters.
- Students will be able to identify uppercase letters in text.
- Introduction (5 minutes)
- Instruction (15 minutes)
- Guided Practice (15 minutes)
- Misconception Review (5 minutes)
- Independent Practice (15 minutes)
- Exit Card Formative Assessment (5 minutes)
- Alphabet flashcards (lowercase)
- Whiteboard and markers
- Lowercase letters
CENTERS & TASK CARDS
No Centers or Task Cards Available
No Worksheet Packs Available
IEP GOAL WORKBOOKS
5 AND 1 INTERVENTIONS
No Interventions Available
No Activities Available
- Greet the students and review lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Ask students if they know what identifying lowercase letters means and if they have ever done it before.
- Explain to the students that today, they will be identifying all lowercase letters of the alphabet they hear read aloud.
- Demonstrate how to identify and select a lowercase letter from the alphabet flashcards.
- Model how to repeat the letter and its sound after identifying it.
- Provide opportunities for students to practice identifying and selecting lowercase letters from the alphabet flashcards.
- Divide the students into small groups and provide each group with a set of alphabet flashcards.
- Instruct the students to work together to identify and select all lowercase letters of the alphabet they hear read aloud.
- Circulate around the room to provide support and guidance as needed.
- Instruct students to work independently to identify and select all lowercase letters of the alphabet they hear read aloud.
- Monitor students' progress and provide support as needed.
- Assign students to identify and select all lowercase letters of the alphabet they hear in their everyday life.
- Encourage students to share their findings with the class during the next lesson.
- Provide each student with a whiteboard and marker.
- Instruct students to write down one lowercase letter they identified and its sound.
- Formative assessments will be conducted during the lesson to monitor student progress and understanding.
- The exit card and progress monitoring assessments will be used to determine students' mastery of the objective.
- Review the concept of identifying lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- Ask students to share one lowercase letter they identified during the lesson.
- Students can identify and select uppercase letters of the alphabet.
- Students can practice writing lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- For students who are more advanced, they can be challenged to identify lowercase letters in words or sentences.
- For students who need extra support, a visual aid or diagram can be provided to help them identify lowercase letters.
- Students can practice identifying lowercase letters on a larger scale using magnetic letters or other manipulatives.
No Video Available
Common Core Standard:
RF.K.1.D - Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
bottom of page